Callen-Lorde Community Health Center provides sensitive, quality health care and related services targeted to New York’s lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities — in all their diversity — regardless of ability to pay. To further this mission, Callen-Lorde promotes health education and wellness and advocates for gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender health issues. The retail pharmacy (managed by Maxor Pharmacies) has an EXCITING, new opening for an experienced, full-time Pharmacy Technician.
- Greeting customers and take prescription orders
- Operate the cash register by ringing up sales for customers
- Assist in keeping the pharmacy clean and the shelves stocked
- Answer the phone
- Input customer information into the computer system
- Current NY Pharmacy Technician Certification required
- 2+ years retail pharmacy experience; experience in HIV/AIDS clinical setting preferred.
- Computer experience mandatory
- Proven track record of exemplary customer service
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, to interact with a wide variety of individuals to successfully provide optimal patient care
- Bilingual, Spanish speaking preferred
Maxor offers a culture that promotes teamwork and where employees are valued as the Company’s best asset. We work hard, but we make sure to have fun along the way, too. Competitive salary, plus a great benefits package are available.
Pharmacy hours of operation are M-Th; 9am-8:15pm, Friday 9:30am-4:45pm and Saturday 10am-3:15pm; typical hours for the position are Monday –Thursday, 1:00pm-9pm and Friday, 9:30am-5:30pm. Please call Human Resources at 806-324-5426 with any questions.