Seeking a Pharmacy Support Specialist in Miami, FL to support a hospital-based outpatient pharmacy system. This position will be responsible for meeting all pharmacy operations support needs of five pharmacies within the company including managing training projects and documentation development for assigned applications, monitoring helpdesk needs, equipment needs, and general operations support. The Pharmacy Support Specialist will play a significant role in the development and implementation of strategic initiatives that will enable employees to develop competence in the use of computer software and systems utilized by both clinical and non-clinical employees. This position is also responsible for maintaining positive relationships with not only the pharmacy staff, but the clinical, management, or hospital staff as an “Ambassador” of Maxor.
- Prepare reports and maintain records/maintain records as requested or required.
- Develop, implement, and deliver training programs for all levels of pharmacy personnel.
- Coordinate training schedule with members of management.
- Develop and maintain continual education support materials to assist the pharmacy staff in learning the specialized pharmacy systems. These materials will be used for reference once training has been completed.
- Confer with management, supervisors and employees to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training and to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, and/or business technologies.
- Primary hours for this role is M-F 8a-5pm, but will require occasional variability to support overall operations of Sun- Mon 8a-8p
- Current Pharmacy Technician Registration with the FL State Board of Pharmacy, Required
- Current Certification with the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB), required
- A minimum of four years’ experience as a Pharmacy Tech is required
- Pharmacy system training experience
- Requires initiative, motivation, creativity and ability to understand many areas of expertise.
- Proven computer skills in Microsoft Office
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to problem solve and multi-task
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people, including patients and physicians
Primary hours for this role is M-F 8a-5pm, but will require occasional variability to support overall operations of Sun- Mon 8a-8p; with a comprehensive benefits package along with competitive wages. The pharmacy is managed by Maxor National Pharmacy Services Corp, headquartered in Amarillo, TX. For more information, please call Human Resources at 806-324-5426.