Phoenix Children's Hospital has provided hope, healing, and the best healthcare for children since it was born in 1983, and has grown to become one of the largest children’s hospitals in the country. The retail pharmacy (managed by Maxor Pharmacies) has EXCITING openings for experienced, full-time & Per Diem Pharmacy Techs. These position will work collaboratively with other disciplines to provide hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their families by embracing the challenges of providing compassionate, high-quality, family-centered care to the most complex patients in the region.
- Answers new referral intake and/or refill calls in a timely and professional manner.
- Accurately inputs new referrals into the computer system and updates information in the computer system.
- Providing quality customer service to patients and other healthcare providers
- Contacts patient to collect information necessary to establish his/her medical chart. Discuss financial obligations with the new patient
- Enters new referral prescriptions accurately into computer and has Pharmacist verify correctness of the prescription entry and more.
- Current AZ Pharmacy Tech license and PTCB Certification, required
- 2+ years pharmacy tech experience in a retail setting
- Bilingual, Spanish speaking required
- Knowledge of insurance verification systems and procedures
- Computer experience mandatory
- Proven track record of exemplary customer service
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, to interact with a wide variety of individuals to successfully provide optimal patient care
Maxor offers a culture that promotes teamwork and where employees are valued as the Company’s best asset. We work hard, but we make sure to have fun along the way, too. Competitive salary, plus a great benefits package are available.
Pharmacy hours of operation are M-F; 9am-8pm and Saturday 10am-6pm; typical hours for the position are 9am-5:30pm M-F. Please call Human Resources at 800-658-6146 ext 5426 with any questions.